Kate Mason Swim Coaching Weymouth – Open Water and Pool based in Weymouth and Portland Dorset
My name is Kate Mason and I live in the Weymouth Dorset. If you need swimming lessons or open water coaching , please contact me, I will be pleased to help you.
A little about myself:
- Club Coach for Weyport Masters for the last 18 yrs
- ASA Swimming Club Coach and Teacher qualified in 1995, 1999
- ASA Open Water Coach qualified 2014
- Current National Pool Lifeguard + Beach Lifeguard
- Current Emergency first aid certificate
- Power Boat Level II qualified
- Insured with public liability
YMCA Personal Trainer, specialising in GP Referral, cardiac rehabilitation, pulmonary rehabilitation and clients with long term neurological conditions.
I run specialist exercise classes at Osprey leisure Centre Portland.
More about me!
I guess I started my swimming career being taken to the beach and given an old car inner tube as my swimming aid! I didn’t swim as a child in a swimming club but was always involved in other sports representing my school and the county.
I qualified as a General Nurse and then registered Midwife and so swimming was low on the list of activities at this time!
I started swimming to get fit in my early thirties, after having my family. I started getting involved with a local swimming club, helping out, swimming myself and then becoming one of the coaches. My first introduction to sea swimming was taking part in the Portland Harbour Swim which was organised by Portland Dolphins. In 1996 I organised a 6 person charity English Channel.
Since then I have been fortunate to have completed many more swims such as:
- Solo English Channel 22 miles
- Solo Gulf of Toroneus Greece 26k
- Solo Lake Zurich Switzerland 26k five times! No. six soon!!
- Solo Round Jersey 38 miles
- Solo Rottnest Island Perth Australia 20k
- Solo Jurassic Coast West Bay to Portland 26 k (as part of an Enduroman event)
- Solo Round Manhattan Island 28 miles USA
- 3 x English Channel relays 6, 5 and 3 person
- Triathlons (a new experience for me!)
- Volcano triathlon Lanzarote 2013
- Ironman Austria June 2013
- Ironman 70.3 Majorca May 2014
- Ironman Zurich Switzerland July 2014
- Challenge UK Weymouth September 2014
- Lake Geneva two person relay 70k/44miles August 2015
- Marathon des sables April 2016
- Solo swim Jersey to France July 2016
- Rose Pitonof Swim Manhattan to Coney Island August 2016
- Lake Orta Solo 27km July 2017
- Marathon des Sables Peru Nov/Dec 2017
- One way Lake Coniston and Lake Windermere 2018
- Enduroman Arch to Arc (London to Paris) completed Sept 2019 #45 + Oldest Person Record